SEYMOUR & CO (SCOTLAND) LTD
www.seymourandco.co.uk is a website operated by Seymour & Co (Scotland) Ltd T/A Seymour & Co. ("we" or “us”). We are a private limited company registered in Scotland under company number SC351185 and have our registered office at Thorntree, Arnprior, Stirling, FK8 3EY.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Act”), we are the data controller. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Peter Seymour.
You do not have to give us any personal information in order to use most of this website. However, if you wish to take advantage of certain of the services which we offer, such as either e-mail updates or notifications by e-mail, then you will require to provide certain personal information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:-
• INFORMATION YOU GIVE US. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our website, open an account with us, subscribe to our service or search our website and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number, personal description and company details.
• INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU. With regard to each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect the following information:-
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, and operating system and platform;
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for' page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any telephone number used to call us.
• INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this website. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:-
• INFORMATION YOU GIVE TO US - we will use this information:-
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
• to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (being the registration form):
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU - we will use this information:-
• to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
• INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES - we will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:-
• Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
• Selected third parties including:-
• business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
• analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website;
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:-
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on mtc media’s secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and you must not share any password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We may disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your rights to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.